Monday, December 27, 2004

Coal in my stocking: Redskins Suffer Terrible letdown

It all came crashing to earth with only 37 seconds left in a game I thought was going to signal the turning point in Redskins history. A turning point where people could look at this victory and say that was the win that got the Redskins back on track, looking hopeful for 2005. An exclamation mark win over the Dallas Cowboys by a Joe Gibbs Redskins team would have been a great late Christmas present.

Of course that’s why teams need to play out every second of a game. Vinny Testaverde’s perfect 39-yard TD pass snatched the win away from Washington and left me wondering why I had taken the time to sit in my cold car listening to the debacle unravel instead of packing up my computer at my old house like I told my wife I was going to do.

Stunned is not the word. Shocked can’t even describe it. Cheated is more like it. Those are precious minutes I now want to reclaim so I could have done something worthwhile instead of being put through the emotional coaster.

Perhaps I won’t even attempt to listen or watch the Redskins final curtain call against Minnesota. I can’t waste precious time on choking teams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home