Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Skins are Scarin Me

OK, I admit to being a perturbed, disturbed and unnerved
Washington Redskins fan for the first 10 weeks of the
season. But these last few weeks of a winding down
campaign have been pure gold.

Saturday's victory over the hapless San Francisco 49ers
was nice. Never mind that I actually don't have TV to
watch the game and might not for some time (thanks GMP cable for doiong that site survey in short order...not!!). The radio
broadcast was enough for me to savor every delicious play.

Hand it to Joe Gibbs to manage signing the kicker the
49ers released just in time for him to kick 3 field goals
against his former team. It reminded me of those revenge
performances David Akers puts up against Washington when
his Eagles come to play.

Lavar Arrington's return was nice to see, even though he
is a long way from being 100 percent.

So do I dare get excited about this Sunday's coming game
in Dallas? Never mind that both teams are 5-9. It's a big
game just because it's Washington-Dallas. It's a big game
because one of my fathers-in-law is a BIG Dallas fan who
keeps rubbing it in that the Cowboys have been winning
these head-to-head games every year. Well it's gonna stop
on Sunday.

And oh-by-the-way, the winner still holds mathematically
slim chance of making the playoffs since the NFC is so
godawful this year.

So there actually is something to play for on Sunday other
than pride and a sense of momentum for 2005.

I'm not getting my hopes up. But Christmas wishes can come
true, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home